Ali Kiba Biography
Popularity Rank: #171
Ali Saleh Kiba (born November 26, 1986), better known by his stage name Ali Kiba or King Kiba, is a Tanzanian musician, songwriter, and entrepreneur. He is a leading figure in the Bongo Flava genre and is renowned for his hit singles such as ‘Cinderella’, ‘Nakshi Mrembo’, and ‘Usiniseme’. His album ‘Only One King’ won the Album of the Year at the 2022 Tanzania Music Awards. He hails from Kigoma, Tanzania.
|Full Name||Ali Saleh Kiba|
|Born||November 26, 1986 (age 36)|
|Awards||Best Male East Africa (AFRIMA 2019)|
|Organization||Sony Music Entertainment|
To Submit a biography or suggest an update on existing biographyContact Us
Early Life and Education
- Ali Kiba was born in Iringa to parents Saleh Omari and Tombwe Njere. He is the eldest son in a family of four, which includes his brother, Abdu Kiba, who is also a musician, his sister, Zabibu Kiba, and the youngest brother, Abuu Kiba.
- Ali Kiba’s journey into the music industry began in 2004. His debut album and hit single ‘Cinderella’ became the biggest-selling record in East Africa in 2008, marking his breakthrough in the music industry.
- His second album ‘Ali K 4 Real’ was released in 2009, featuring the mega-hits ‘Nakshi Mrembo’, ‘Nichuum’, and ‘Usiniseme’.
- He gained further recognition when he was endorsed by the mobile telephony brand Airtel Africa, alongside American recording artist R. Kelly and seven of Africa’s other megastar artists.
- In 2016, he signed a deal with Sony Music Entertainment, a partnership that lasted for five years until 2021.
- Ali Kiba set a new record in Tanzania after winning 5 awards at the 2022 Tanzania Music Awards, including Album of the Year for his third studio album “Only One King”.
Awards and Nominations
- Ali Kiba’s talent and contributions to the music industry have been recognized with several awards and nominations, including:
- ‘Best International Act’ for Black Entertainment Film, Fashion, Television and Arts Awards in 2009
- ‘Best East African Artist’ for African Music Awards in 2009
- ‘Best Zouk / Rhumba Song’ at the Kili Music Awards in 2012
- Nominations for ‘Best Tanzanian Writer’, ‘Best Male Artists’ and ‘Best Collaborating song’ with Lady Jaydee for Kili Music Awards in 2013
- Five awards at the 2022 Tanzania Music Awards, including ‘Album of the Year’, ‘Best Male Artist People’s Choice’, ‘Best Music Video’, ‘Best Melodic Songwriter of the Year’, and ‘Best East African Artist’.