Berlinda Addardey, born on 1 April 1988 and widely recognized as Berla Mundi, is a renowned Ghanaian media personality, women’s advocate, and voice artist. With her diverse roles in the media industry, she has become an influential figure, especially in advocating for women’s rights and empowerment.
||April 1, 1988 (age 35)
||Ghana Institute of Journalism
||Ghana Woman of the Year, Young Star Award (2020)
To Submit a biography or suggest an update on existing biography
- Berlinda Addardey was born on 1 April 1988 in Ghana.
- Popularly known as Berla Mundi
, she has established herself as a prominent figure in the Ghanaian media landscape.
- Berla is an alumna of St. Theresa’s School and Achimota School.
- She pursued her higher education at the University of Ghana, majoring in linguistics and psychology.
- Furthering her language skills, she studied French at Alliance Francais.
- Berla also received education from the Ghana Institute of Journalism.
- Berla’s media career kickstarted when she secured the position of the second runner-up at the 2010 Miss Maliaka beauty pageant.
- She was associated with GHOne TV, a subsidiary of the EIB Network, for five years.
- Currently, she is with TV3 Ghana, which is a part of Media General Ghana Limited.
- Berla has hosted a variety of reality shows and corporate events.
- She was the face of Africa’s first syndicated show on DSTV, “Moment with MO”.
- In 2017, Avance Media recognized her as the most influential Ghanaian.
Advocacy and Projects
- Berla is well-known for her advocacy efforts promoting girls and women’s rights.
- In 2018, she launched a mentoring and career guidance project aimed at providing skills training to young women.
- She founded the Berla Mundi Foundation in 2015.
- Additionally, she initiated the B.You project and has collaborated with international organizations like Samsung and the Global Citizen Festival.
- Berla has hosted a myriad of shows, including “Rhythmz Live”, “Glitterati”, “The Late Afternoon Show”, “Miss Malaika”, “MTN Hitmaker”, “Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA)”, “New Day- Morning show”, “The Day Show”, “COVID-19 360”, and “Global Citizen festival – Accra”.
Awards and Nominations
- Berla was honored as the Best female events MC at the Ghana Events Awards in 2017.
- In 2018, she received the TV female entertainment show host of the year at the RTP Awards.
- She was chosen as the Favorite TV presenter at the Peoples choice celebrity awards in 2017.
- Berla was awarded the Media Personality of the year at the Glitz Style Awards in 2018.
- Avance Media recognized her as the Most Influential Media Personality in 2020.
- She was also honored with the Ghana Woman of the Year, Young Star Award in 2020.
- Berla was appointed as the TVET Ambassador.