Jada Pinkett Smith (born September 18, 1971) known as Jada Pinkett, is an American actress and singer-songwriter who hails from Baltimore, Maryland. Over the years, she has made significant contributions to the entertainment industry and has been recognized for her talent and versatility.
||Jada Koren Pinkett Smith
||September 18, 1971 (age 52)
||Baltimore School for the Arts
||Outstanding Informative Talk Show (Daytime Emmy Awards) 2021
|| Westbrook Inc
To Submit a biography or suggest an update on existing biography
- Raised by her mother, Adrienne Banfield-Jones, and grandmother, Marion
Martin Banfield, she grew up in a close-knit family.
- Her early exposure to the arts came from her grandmother, who noticed her interest in the performing arts and enrolled her in dance, tap dance, and ballet lessons.
- Jada attended the Baltimore School for the Arts, where she majored in dance and theater.
- It was during her time at this school that she became close friends with fellow student Tupac Shakur.
- Jada began her acting career with a guest appearance on the short-lived sitcom “True Colors.”
- She gained prominence with roles in films like “Menace II Society” and “Set It Off.”
- Over the years, she has starred in numerous films including the “Matrix” series and the “Madagascar” animated films.
- Apart from acting, Jada formed a metal band called “Wicked Wisdom” and released an album in 2006.
- She has also been involved in various business ventures, including fashion and beauty brands.
- Jada, along with her husband Will Smith, founded the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation, a charity organization that focuses on youth and family support.
- Jada’s television career includes roles in popular series like “A Different World” and “Gotham.”
- She also co-hosts the Facebook Watch talk show “Red Table Talk” with her daughter Willow and mother Adrienne, which has gained significant popularity.
Awards and Nominations
- Jada Pinkett Smith has received numerous awards and nominations throughout her career.
- She has been nominated for several NAACP Image Awards and has won some for her outstanding performances in film and television.
- Her work on “Red Table Talk” has also earned her critical acclaim and award nominations.
- Jada Pinkett Smith is married to actor and rapper Will Smith, and the couple has two children: Jaden and Willow.
- She is known for her advocacy on various social issues and has been vocal about mental health awareness.
- Jada and her family are also known for their philanthropic efforts, especially in the fields of education and healthcare.