Joe Ageyo Biography
Joe Ageyo is a Kenyan journalist who hails from Bondo, Siaya county in Kenya. He works with citizen TV as a broadcast jornalist.
Ageyo was born on April 14, 1973 and hails from Bondo, Siaya in Kenya.
- He is an alumnus of Sawagongo High School and holds an MSc in Environmental Governance from the University of Manchester, a Bachelor of Agribusiness Management from Egerton University.
- He also has a Post-Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication from the University of Nairobi, and a certificate in Advanced Studies in Environmental Diplomacy from the University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Ageyo joined KTN in 2000 as a general news reporter, but his work was focused on environmental stories and was the Managing Editor at the same station.
- He is widely acclaimed as having pioneered Environmental Journalism on Kenyan television. He was the first Kenyan TV journalist to start a regular slot for an environmental feature, Ecojournal.
- He has won prestigious awards such the “Environmental Journalist of the Year” in 2001 staged by the National Media Trust, a World Bank fellowship to attend the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg and is a fellow of the Climate Change Media Partnership (CCMP) and a Catto Fellow at the Aspen Institute in Colorado.
- He worked for NTV, a private station owned by the Nation Media Group from February 2005 to November 2012, holding various positions including the last one, as Head of News Production. He has also worked for the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation as well as Royal Media Services.
Awards & Honours
- He won the Environmental Journalist of the Year’ in 2001 staged by the National Media Trust.