John Ikechukwu Okafor, born on 17 October 1961 and widely recognized as Mr. Ibu, is a renowned Nigerian actor and comedian. With a career spanning numerous films and a brief stint in music, Okafor has established himself as a prominent figure in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
To Submit a biography or suggest an update on existing biography
- John Okafor hails from Nkanu West L.G.A., Enugu State.
- After completing elementary school in 1974, Okafor relocated to Sapele following the passing of his father.
- In Sapele, he undertook various menial jobs to finance his education and support his fam
- Among his early occupations, Okafor worked as a hairstylist, delved into photography, and was employed by a company that manufactured crates.
- After his secondary education, Okafor gained admission to the College of Education, Yola. However, he had to withdraw due to financial constraints.
- Once his financial situation improved, he enrolled at the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) in Enugu.
- Okafor has showcased his acting prowess in over 200 Nollywood movies.
- Some of his notable films include “Mr. Ibu” (2004), “Mr. Ibu and His Son”, “Coffin Producers”, “Husband Suppliers”, “International Players”, “Mr. Ibu in London” (2004), “Police Recruit” (2003), “9 Wives” (2005), “Ibu in Prison” (2006), and “Keziah” (2007).
- Apart from his illustrious acting career, Okafor briefly ventured into the music scene.
- On 15 October 2020, he released songs titled “This girl” and “Do you know”.
Awards and Nominations
- Won the Africa movie academy award for best actor in a leading role.
- Won the African comedy award for best actor in a comedy.
- Won City people entertainment award for best actor.
- Was nominated for the best actor in Nigeria entertainment award.
- John Okafor is married and has children from his marriage .He also lives a personal private life.