Popularity Rank: #159
Jeon Jung-kook (born September 1, 1997), also known as Jungkook, is a South Korean singer and a member of the internationally renowned boy band BTS. He hails from Busan, South Korea. Known for his smooth vocals and captivating stage presence, Jungkook has made significant contributions to BTS’ discography with solo tracks such as “Begin,” “Euphoria,” and “My Time.” He has also ventured into collaborations with artists like Charlie Puth, further expanding his musical repertoire.
|Full Name||Jeon Jung-kook|
|Born||September 1, 1997 (age 26)|
|Education||Global Cyber University|
|Awards||The Collaboration Song of 2022|
To Submit a biography or suggest an update on existing biographyContact Us
- Jeon Jung-kook was born on September 1, 1997, in Busan, South Korea.
- He grew up in a family consisting of his parents and an older brother.
- During his childhood, Jungkook showed talent in singing and playing the guitar.
- His interest in pursuing a career in music was sparked when he watched G-Dragon perform “Heartbreaker” on television, inspiring him to become a singer.
- Jungkook attended Baekyang Elementary and Middle School in Busan before transferring to Singu Middle School in Seoul when he became a trainee.
- He graduated from the School of Performing Arts Seoul, an arts high school, in 2017.
- In November 2016, he decided to forgo taking the CSATs, Korea’s nationwide university entrance exam, to focus on his music career.
- In March 2022, he received his degree from Global Cyber University’s Department of Broadcasting and Entertainment, where he was awarded the President’s Award, the highest honor of the school.
- Jungkook made his debut as a member of BTS on June 12, 2013, with the release of the single “2 Cool 4 Skool.”
- He has released several solo songs as part of BTS’ albums, including “Begin” from the 2016 album Wings, “Euphoria” as the introduction to the “Love Yourself” series, and “My Time” from the album Map of the Soul: 7.
- Jungkook has also contributed to the production of BTS’ songs, including “Love is Not Over” and “Magic Shop.”
- In 2022, he featured on Charlie Puth’s single “Left and Right” and released the official song “Dreamers” for the FIFA World Cup soundtrack, which he performed at the 2022 FIFA World Cup Opening Ceremony.
- Jungkook’s solo tracks have achieved success on streaming platforms, with songs like “Stay Alive,” “Left and Right,” and “Dreamers” breaking records for highest-debuting songs by a Korean soloist on the Spotify Global chart.
Awards and Nominations
- Jungkook has received various awards as a member of BTS, including the fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit from the President of South Korea in 2018.
- He was appointed as Special Presidential Envoy for Future Generations and Culture by the President of South Korea in 2021.
- Jungkook’s solo track “Euphoria” has spent a record 90 weeks on the Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart, and “My Time” has spent 85 weeks on the same chart.
- In 2017, Jungkook collapsed during a concert in Chile but made a swift recovery.
- He suffered a heel injury during the Love Yourself World Tour in 2018, which temporarily affected his participation in choreography.
- Jungkook resides in Hannam-dong, Seoul, with his fellow BTS members.
- He purchased an apartment worth ₩4 billion in Yongsan District, Seoul, which he gifted to his older brother in 2020.
- As of July 2021, Jungkook’s net worth was estimated to be US$20 million.
- Jungkook is actively involved in philanthropy and donated ₩1 billion to Seoul National University Children’s Hospital in support of patients from low-income families.