Joshua Boye-Doe popularly known as KalyJay is a Ghanaian Twitter influencer who hails from the Dangbe East District in the Greater Region of Ghana. He was the master mind behind the #Fix the country agenda which caught most Ghanaians attention in the year 2021.
- Kaly Jay was born on 24th January 1997 in Dangbe East District. He was born to Mr. James Boye-Doe, his father and Mrs. Augustina Hushie, his mother.
- Kaly has only one brother called Selassey Frederick Dorkutso.
- Kaly Jay started his basic school at Big Ada Methodist then later went to Dansoman Baptist Academy, then Shalom Academy and later completed his Junior High School education at Christland International School in 2013.
- He proceeded to Okuampeman SHS where he studied General Arts and completed in 2016. He was the drama club president during time in school. He had his tertiary education at Ghana Institute of Journalism and graduated in the year 2020 with a degree in Public Relations.
- During his tertiary education, he won the award of Photographer of the year GIJ Eminence Award 2019 and also Okuampeman Best Actor in SHS.
- Kaly Jay when growing up wanted to go into law but later change his mind in SHS to go into entrepreneurship and still haven’t changed his mind since.
- He works at Global Media Alliance (Y FM) after he graduated GIJ. He became this more popular as an influencer on Twitter when his #Fix the country protest on social media went viral. He was basically tweeting about the state of affairs in Ghana, showing his displeasure on the government’s inability to fix some problems in the country. He actually had some celebrities like Efia Odo and DKB who teamed up with him to demonstrate on it.
- Kaly Jay, after some months of the campaign expressed extreme fear for his life since the campaign went viral, he then tweeted that he needs prayers for all is not well.
Awards and Honours
- He won the Pulse Twitter Influencer of the Year in 2021.