Mercy Eke (born 29 September 1990), known as a Nigerian media personality, actress, video vixen, and entrepreneur, hails from Imo State. She gained widespread recognition after winning season 4 of Big Brother Naija in October 2019, becoming the first woman to achieve this feat. Beyond her reality TV success, Mercy has ventured into various business endeavors and has made notable appearances in the entertainment industry.
||September 29, 1990 (age 33)
||Imo State University
|| AMVCA Best Dressed female (2020)
To Submit a biography or suggest an update on existing biography
- Mercy Eke originates from Imo State, Nigeria.
- She pursued her education at Egbu Girls Secondary School in Owerri.
- In 2014, she graduated from Imo State University.
- Before her rise to fame, Eke appeared as a video vixen in music videos, including Davido and Ichaba’s “Baby Mama” and Airboy’s “Nawo Nawo”.
- She auditioned for Big Brother Naija four times before finally becoming a contestant.
- Mercy entered the Big Brother Naija house on 30 June 2019.
- In October 2019, she was announced as the winner, marking her as the first woman to win the show.
- She also participated in the Big Brother Naija All Star in July 2023.
Acting and Appearances
- After her Big Brother Naija victory, Mercy ventured into acting, making her debut in the Nollywood film “Fate of Alakada”.
- She has been featured in short comedy skits with several Nigerian comedians.
- Mercy has signed endorsement deals and has become a brand ambassador for brands like Ciroc and Mr.Taxi.
- She launched her own clothing line named MNM Luxury.
- Eke has appeared in various music videos, including:
- “Baby Mama” by Ichaba featuring Davido
- “Nawo Nawo Song” by Airboy
- “Ije Ego” by MC Galaxy
- “Take It” by Rudeboy
Awards and Nominations
- In 2019, she won the “Celebrity Sensation of the year” at the Scream Awards.
- In 2020, she received the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Award for “Best Dressed Female”.
- She, along with Ike, was recognized as the “Most Popular Couple” at the NET 2020 Award.
- In 2021, she was nominated for “Most Popular Person” at the Net Honours.
- Beyond her professional endeavors, Mercy Eke’s personal life remains private, with her achievements in the entertainment and business sectors taking center stage.