Mohammed Kudus Biography
Popularity Rank: #202
Mohammed Kudus (born August 2, 2000) is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Dutch club Ajax and the Ghana national team.
|Full Name||Mohammed Kudus|
|Born||August 2, 2000 (age 23)|
|Education||Right to Dream Academy|
To Submit a biography or suggest an update on existing biographyContact Us
Early l ife
Kudus was born in Accra, Ghana, and grew up in the suburb of Nima. He started playing football at a young age and joined the Right to Dream Academy, a football academy based in Ghana that aims to develop young talent and provide educational opportunities.
Kudus received his education at the Right to Dream Academy. The academy provides its students with both academic and football training. Kudus graduated from the academy in 2018.
- Kudus began his professional football career with Ghanaian club Nordsjælland in 2018. He quickly established himself as a key player for the club, and his performances earned him a move to Dutch club Ajax in July 2020.
- Kudus made his debut for Ajax on September 13, 2020, in a match against Sparta Rotterdam. He scored his first goal for the club in his second appearance, in a 2–1 win against Waalwijk. Kudus suffered a serious knee injury in his third appearance for the club, which kept him out of action for several months.
- After recovering from his knee injury, Kudus returned to the Ajax squad in January 2021. He quickly regained his form and helped the team to reach the quarterfinals of the UEFA Europa League, where they were eventually knocked out by AS Roma.
- Kudus also played a vital role in helping Ajax retain the Dutch Cup, scoring a goal in the final against Vitesse Arnhem.
- In the 2021-22 season, Kudus continued to impress for Ajax, contributing several goals and assists as the team competed in both the Eredivisie and the Champions League.
- Kudus has also represented Ghana in international competitions, including the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign. He scored his first international goal for Ghana in a World Cup qualifier against Zimbabwe in September 2021.
- Kudus is considered one of the rising stars of African football and has been praised for his technical abilities, pace, and versatility. He has been compared to former Ajax and Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien, who also had a successful career in Europe.
Awards and honors
- In his debut season with Ajax, Kudus won the Dutch Eredivisie title. He was also named the club’s Young Player of the Year for the 2020-21 season.