Augustine Miles Kelechi (born December 17, 1992), known on stage as Tekno, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter in Bauchi State in Nigeria. He is known for singles like “Pana”, “Duro”, “Diana”. He has been active in the music industry since 2012 up till date. He has worked with Record labels like Kmoney Entertainment, Made Men Music Group and Island Universal Cartel. Tekno is the writer of hit songs, If and Fall for African Afrobeat singer, Davido.
Tekno was born on December 17, 1992 and hails from Ivo Local Government in Ebonyi State, Nigeria. He is from a family comprising of six children, five boys and one girl.
At the age of 8, Tekno Miles was enrolled in a music school where he learned and mastered the rudiments of playing the piano and guitar. He also attended Heritage School in Kaduna where he also had his secondary school education.
- Tekno Miles was first signed under K-Money Entertainment. His first single titled “Holiday”, was released under the imprint. With featured vocals from Davido, “Holiday” was positively accepted and gained massive airplay.
- In 2012, Tekno Miles was spotted by renowned Nigerian comedian Julius Agwu at an event in Abuja, after Tekno Miles received a standing ovation following the performance of a song titled “Onye Ne Kwu”, his remix of Ice Prince’s “Oleku”. It was at the same event he met Iyanya and Ubi Franklyn, the manager of Made Men Music Group and they became friends. Ubi and Iyanya eventually encouraged Tekno Miles to move to Lagos to further his music career.
- On October 5, 2013, he signed a recording contract with Made Men Music Group (MMMG), under which he released singles like “Dance” and “Anything”. These singles earned him a nomination in the “Best New act of the Year” category at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
- On June 18, 2015, Tekno Miles released his hit single titled “Duro”, which was produced by DJ Coublon. “Duro” was positively received both in Africa and in the US. A remix which featured Phyno and Flavour N’abania was released on November 16, 2015. It topped several charts in Nigeria and on the international scene, it peaked at number 5 on Capital XTRA’s Afrobeats Chart: Top 10 for September 2015.
- On November 20, 2015, Tekno Miles released a single titled “Wash”. The song was produced by DJ Coublon with the video directed by AJE Filmworks.
- On 27 December 2016, Tekno was named one of the top ten hip-hop and R&B talents to watch in the United States in 2017 by Billboard. Elton John played Tekno song titled ‘Diana’ on one of his episode of Rocket Hour radio show on Apple Music.
- On October 13, 2017 Tekno was featured by DJ Cuppy on a song titled Green Light, which was officially DJ Cuppy’s first single. In the same year, American rapper Drake posted images of himself with Tekno to his Instagram page, captioning them, “Tekkk time.”
- In 2018, American singer Ciara, teamed up with Tekno, for a collaboration titled “Freak Me.” Tekno announced the song’s release and revealed the cover art on his Instagram account @teknoofficial. Tekno signed a distribution deal with Universal Music Group Nigeria (UMGN), a division of Universal Music Group in charge of West Africa, as well as the UK-based Island Records in the same year.
- On Thursday, August, 15, 2019, Tekno was announced as one of the producers of ‘Won’t Be Late’ by Swae Lee featuring Drake. Early 2019, Tekno was featured on Beyoncé’s The Lion King: The Gift soundtrack on the song “Don’t Jealous Me”.
- In December 6, 2020, He released the tracklist for his long-awaited debut album, Old Romance.
Awards and Honors